Sunday, January 25, 2009
Fortune Cookies Are Not Chinese
I know that it is a commonly held perception that fortune cookies come from China because you can get them at authentic Chinese restaurants titled "Panda Express" or "House of Chang", not that I would know from personal experience, but in actuality fortune cookies are purely an American invention intended to lure you into the false sense that Chinese eat weirdly shaped cookies with little slips of paper inside them. I just wanted to use my very first blog post to clarify that globally consequential misconception. And to try and use as many big words as possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mari - You're so funny. Now could you please explain where eggrolls come from? My friends all think they are Chinese as well. Yet while in China the Chinese had no idea what they were!
ReplyDeleteHope you guys had a great Bao Jiaozi Bash last night!
Hey- how can you post from Blogger - can you see your page?